Today was full of wonderful things.
An incredibly upbeat mother, delicious food (braised bacon with seven veggies, hazelnut sponges), warm and friendly atmosphere (mum being unusually co-operative and smiley) and Chelsea managing a draw against Man Utd. And England beating Italy in that other ball game, rugby.
And, to add even more joy, a flying tea-time visit from Mr HS (complete with my rapidly repaired clothes horse). We chatted, more nonsense than anything else but it felt so good:)
Mum loved her pink paper bag packed with wholesome colour free skin care essentials, Jeffrey Archer novel, 12 yellow roses and 12 diabetic chocolate wafers.
To make her feel even more happy and self confident I washed and set her hair. I don't think I've seen her so much like her old more healthier self. It was fabulous!
She enjoyed dinner and then later on tonight, whilst watching 'Heat' with Bobby De Niro she had a slice or two of cold bacon with pickles and bread and for pud a cupful of raspberry jelly.
She has a blood test tomorrow so won't be eating anything till about 11:30 tomorrow morning so that's why I loaded her plates throughout the day.
I'm going to bed happier tonight, more happier than I've been for a very long while.
MOTHER'S DAY? I'll say!
Gloria's day? Oh yes...
Sunday, 10 March 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a wonderful Mothers Day for your household. Mother blooming, you happy with life, good food and great company. Your mum is so lucky with you
Post a Comment