Paul Hollywood's new programme about bread was fabulous. Lots of tips and recipes and many appetite enhancing scenes of Paul and friends tearing into beautiful loaves.
Made me want to switch orf and bake!
I love making bread, in fact I'll be baking some tomorrow, I won't be too adventurous, sticking to what I usually make for weekdays, a normal crusty loaf made in a giant loaf tin.
Which reminds me...I bought (charity shop) a large round black baking tin about 2 inches deep and as I paid for it I knew it would be ideal for baking batches...Hot Cross Buns. Rolls. Chelsea Buns. Massive Deep Filled Pizzas.
Yesterday however I used it to hold a dozen Devonshire Scones, which after cooling, were filled with whipped cream and cherry jam.
There's something calming and homely about batch baking.
Tuesday, 19 March 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Why is it when I read your posts, I can always smell the aroma of fresh baking...?
With all your baking you cannot have much free time!. Makes me fel hungry just to read it all.
GG..That is because you are an artist and therefore have a massive imagination.
Dear Terry I have lots of free time and use it up by baking!
Post a Comment