.Well I was.
Yesterday my good friend Hairy Suit surprised me in the kitchen.
He served to me, for pudding, sliced fried banana with warm mango chutney. Salt too.
I love him dearly but oh dear the usually excellent chef made me wonder, mostly about his sanity. But credit where credit is due...the sweet and strange combination worked surprisingly well.
Today another surprise.
Myself and mother chatting over an excellent ham sandwich and salad (and diet coke) in the best pub in Essex, The Punchbowl.
As it was sunny and we'd bought a few good goodies in the church charity shop I was feeling happy so I proposed a short trip out to the Pagelsham countryside, too nice to stay in I said. Well you could have knocked me over with something limp when the old bean AGREED. So off we sped ending up in the nice weatherboarded hostelry. I love that pub...
The ham was thick, the brown bread soft and the coke ice cold. It felt so wonderful sitting next to her by the unlit fire in our shirt sleeves.
....................
Tuesday, 5 March 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mother, out, in sunshine, agreeing to a high quality sarnie in our favourite place, wow, that's amazing and very very good, I'm impressed, let's look forward to more trips out with Mother eh?
Post a Comment