
Watched a good programme Sunday evening (I think it was Sunday) it was called 'Wallander' and starred Kenneth Branagh. In it he played a Swedish policeman on the trail of a serial killer. When I saw it was set in Sweden I hoped we wouldn't be subjected to British actors attempting Swedish accents. We were not. What we were subjected to was a good, is slightly predictable story, which had I'm sorry to say, very few surprises, but did nonetheless entertain with it's stunning photography and first rate supporting cast.
Branagh was of course faultless.
But I would say that wouldn't I?
Having watched his excellent to the point of scary, portrayal of Ernest Shackleton in guess what? "Shackleton" I can hardly do anything but praise him to the rafters. I have watched that film on DVD so many times I've lost count. Watched it in the sitting room with chocolate, in the kitchen peeling spuds, and in my hot bedroom of sex with Horlicks, face cream and Monty. I never tire of it or Branagh's performance.
So when I saw that he was in a new three part series about a Swedish cop I could hardly say no, could I?
The second film is next week. Can hardly wait.
It's a wee bit chilly willy out there today so when I do eventually stick my head outside it'll be clad in a big hat pulled well down over my brows and ears. Bit like my dear Ernest....
No comments:
Post a Comment