Monday, 15 December 2008

Toes, TMJ and Beef Pie

Went for a brisk walk this morning. Wanted to feel my heart pounding just to remind myself I'm still alive. I walked all along the Ashingdon Road up to the Post Office, where I spoke to two elderly ladies about multi-tasking and Christmas. Then into the Pet shop next door, where a disabled Lassie dog was having his back wheels seen to.
Then after gazing across a field I limped down to the charity shop in Manstead Gardens. I say limped because my toes and jaw are hurting. Anyway in there I bough a pale blue and white spotted butter dish, petrol blue salt and pepper pots. I won't use them, they're just for decoration. I will use the butter dish though because it's a stunner.
Came out and stood on the corner thinking whether or not to go into the bleakest shop in Essex, Somerfield. I decided against it. Too depressing.

I think I know why my joints are aching it's because on Saturday I went to an X Factor party in Southend. I didn't dance but I did talk a lot and wore toe pinching shoes. I have had jaw trouble for a few years, Temporo Mandibular Joint Dysfunction it's called, and it plays up when I've yakked excessively. My toes are just plain annoying, they're arthritic and made worse by idiotic shoes. Anyway, after eating my way through lots of good food, (the lemony olives being a particular favourite) I sat in the car at 2 in the morning vowing to myself, my husband and God that I'll never have another Port. Until Christmas day.

On the menu today: Beef and Beer Pie, a newly discovered recipe. I'll have it with a couple of potatoes and the rest of Sundays cabbage. For pud, something very simple, a Queen of Puddings I expect. Very light and so ideal after a pie.
Now I have to get going on account of not having made the pastry for the pie yet, and I do like it to rest before I roll it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That lassie dog should've gone to a garage (or a bike shop)

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thank you Clayton...ROFLMAO!

NAVALDAN RAMBHAI LANGA said...

To Ms. Gloria Horsehound

You are heartily welcome to my blogspace.

I love to read good poetry, as I believe that the poetry is the purest form of the 'emotions revealed' into the words.

Naval Langa

http://mughalminiatures.blogspot.com/