Just had a plate of spaghetti bolognaise.
Didn't have garlic bread with it because I've run out of butter and making garlic butter with margarine is an awful thing to do. So no garlic bread. But I did have a naughty treat afterwards, had a pain au chocolate with a cup of tea. Oh yes...
Went to my favourite charity shop today in Manstead Gardens, bought a few good bits and pieces:
2 tall glass storage jars with red flowers imprinted on them. Very Christmassy I felt.
A box of 18 gold straw Christmas tree decorations. More Christmassey even.
A fake diamond brooch with two stones missing, it's a bit battered, Mum will like that.
A faded black t shirt with some fancy embroidery round the neck, could look ok tarted up with glitzy jewellery.
A box of stationery called 'I Love You'. 10 envelopes but only 8 sheets of paper. Obviously someone has told of their love so now doesn't need any more paper.
2 silver coloured candlesticks with a mosaic effect all over. They are now on my mantelpiece with a tall white candles stuck in the spikey thing. Hope Monty doesn't take a liking to them.
Came home via Brays Lane because I wanted to enjoy the peace and quiet. Home to the compiling of a shopping list, the making of a cake, the cleaning of kitchen window. Then it rained.
Tonight I'm expecting company so I'd better clean me teeth and get the cake on a doiley.
Tuesday, 2 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment