
After I've written this I'll be attempting to erect our 5ft (I think) Christmas tree. Notice I say 'attempt', for it's an oldish tree and one with a 'history'. Don't get excited it's not a sexual tree, by history I simply mean I bought it ten years ago in Wilko's for.....9p. Yep, 9p. Wilko's were having their 1998 January sale and a rather blustery manager was yelling his bald head off telling all and sundry that his Christmas trees were going for the ridiculous price of....9p. So idiot face here, thought it'd be a good idea to lug one home. So I did. And I've loved that tree ever since.:)
Anyway, the infamous 9p tree now awaits to be thoroughly dressed by me. I told you in a previous post that I bought some straw decorations in a charity shop, well they'll be the first things I hang on it's plastic branches. I also bought some more tree lights dead cheap from Poundland. Oh dear how I love Poundland. I really am quite a shrewd shopper, never in the history of women shoppers can one old girl bag so much for so little and get so much joy. Talking of joy I went to my fav charity shop this morning and this is what I bought:
Cream coloured ceramic photo frame £1.50
Salmon pink embroidered tablecloth 30p
6 round 'Poppy' coasters 30p
White cotton cushion cover with sprigs of flowers 50p
Red glass bottle with cork 50p
Then I went to Somerfield and paid a diabolical 80p for a cucumber.
2 comments:
9p for a Christmas tree! Even for one with a history that's a bargain.
Yes thank you Clayton, that's enough from you!
Post a Comment