Monday, 17 May 2010

Cooking Milipedes



3 x large loaves of bread.
12 x Chocolate Chip Fairy Cakes
1 x Strawberry and Cream Swiss Roll
12 x Sultana and Apricot Rock Cakes.

One of the loaves and all of the sweet goodies are for mum and dad. It's mum's birthday tomorrow so I thought a basket of homebaked treats would please her.

I've just caught David Milipede announcing his intention to run for Leader, and I'm still unsure as to what he is.
His mantra was one of 'out with Blairism and Brownism and in with Milipedeism.' He voice was soothing to the point of numbness, but underneath the scrubbing brush hair was a man much older than his years. Very old fashioned in a way. He didn't smile neither did he gesticulate much, there was of course the occasional hands-coming-together but all in all he was sober in his approach. He will not set the floor alight. But politics isn't always about barnstorming rhetoric, whooping and teeth it's about what politicians are elected for... delivering the goods.
This election will be thrashed out over the summer and I will love it, so what with the election, Wimbledon AND the World Cup your blogging old Glo will have her work cut out!


On a personal note just to prove that this blog isn't all about me....Mr Horsehound, bless his heart, suggested that he'd like to exhibit a selection of photographs celebrating me getting older.......
He now eats through a straw.

I will however give this artistic project some serious thought, you can be sure that if it goes ahead no Vaseline or tarting up will be used in production of these great pics.
I am nearly 54.
Every cry line, every worry line has been brought about by being a sensitive lady. I don't do bottling it up.
Be it emotions or pears.


Now a movie and one of mum's buns:)


Ta ta!

No comments: