Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Vice President Clegg

He certainly looked the part.
Very smooth, clean and with the faintest whiff of Americana about him. But that's where the similarity ends.
As he stood beside Cameron I sat still in disbelief. Never ever in a zillion years did I expect to see a Lib Dem Deputy Prime Minister standing alongside his Conservative boss in the back garden of Downing Street.

I know I've mentioned this before but this meeting of minds has me and I expect a few million others reaching for the chill pills. A homely, earth loving, tree kissing Lib Dem leader and his senior party members* snuggling up at night with the self-proclaimed Nasty party. I'm in a tizz and no mistake.

I've heard great men like Max (I haven't changed my spectacles for thirty years) Hastings say the love-in won't last. And he could be right. I mean the Conservatives are known for ripping the heads off of sparrows thay are not known for putting bandages on the broken legs of badgers. But maybe I'm being a little harsh on the Blues so I'll stand back, give the guys some time, and at the end of say a year, re-assess this marriage for power.
One never knows, they could grow to adore each others little ways.

"Gove! Go slice me another Liberal".....
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Eating and Doing Tonight:
Cream Crackers, water and The Abyss:)
I am good.


Ta Ta!

*I got in a state of high sexual excitement when I clocked Lib Dem David Laws (Chief Secretary to the Treasury) ooozing along Downing Street. His rolling swagger and packed pockets had me wondering if he was related, albeit in a tiny way, to the current James Bond, Mr Daniel Craig.

I'm 53.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Politics make nice couples, don't you think so. Over hear Nancy Pelosi smiles at the Pres. Even Hillary loves to smile at the Pres - thinking I can do your job and will throw you away. At yet our boy wonder smiles and wheels and deals. Its amazing. His first challenge - he push a not so popular health care bill. Some of his Dems might be talking to Gordon about how to manage free time. Jerry from the West Coast.

Gloria Horsehound said...

Once upon a time we had The Two Davids...David Steele and David Owen, one a Liberal, the other Labour. They tried to make a go of it but failed.

I don't understand Americas reluctance over Obama's health reforms. I would have thought it was a gift. Maybe it smacks of communism or something.

Talking of women doing mens jobs, over here we have a Liberal Democrat called Miss Sarah Tether, who will in time, go after the top job of being Numero Uno in the Lib Dems...

Poor old Gordon, a much maligned man who only wanted what was best for his country and people. But calling a female Labour supporter 'bigoted' did for him.
It was all over.

Angie from Blighty