Went for a walk this morning to try and clear my head.
"Hiya sweetheart" the familiar local man yelled from across the road, his crippling disabilities made almost invisible by his large Aussie corky hat and cheerful manner.
"Hello darling" I waved, my sunglasses hiding unmade up eyes. Fell last night into a familiar dark place and this morning, after a dozen bran flakes, I knew I had to step outside. So on auto-pilot, I went to the charity shop by the bakers.
Where I bought a black sparkling dress, white blouse and lamp post style bird feeder. It's about 6 or 7ft tall and a little warped in the middle section but as I trundled home with it there was that old familiar feeling of excitement, only this excitement was watered down, but I drank from it anyway.
After having a cuppa I spent ages trying to get the lamp post in the ground. Would it stand up right? Would it heck? My front garden is slopy with undulations all over the place so wherever I stuck the post in, it leant to the left or right bending this way and that, a touch of rust in its middle not helping...
Then I had an idea..
Dragging a giant plant pot from around the corner I loaded it up with dirt and then twisted and turned the lamp post in till it stood kind of ok. It's resting, leaning, hanging on for dear life alongside a tallish pink flowering tree where sparrows hang out. I hope they find it satisfactory.
Standing back, hands on shorts, I admired the awful kitsch thing. I love it x
(Hope it doesn't get too windy)
Now food...Probably a sandwich and kit kat and more tea.
Being put together tonight:
Corned Beef
Green salad
Crusty garlic bread
Vanilla ice Cream with strawberry sauce
By the way I had my hair cut on Saturday I now look like a Pixie with the hump:)!!!
Monday, 24 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment