Tonight's menu is:
Braised steak and onions...Canned from M&S. Will shake in some Worcestershire sauce to give it man appeal.
Mashed potato...From a Smash packet. Buttered to a higher level.
Garden peas.....Simmered from frozen. Will tart up with pepper sugar and salt.
Strawberry Jam Sponge...Completely homemade but will be nuked ( 210 seconds) instead of steamed for two hours:)
Hot Strawberry Blancmange....Pearce & Duffs. This pink goo is lovely cold and set but equally yummy hot and pouring. Try it.
This shocking meal is on account of not having enough time to cook properly and that is on account of spending a lovingly long time in the embrace of Mother.
She's going through it at the moment and I need and want to be there in order to pull her through it. Can't have my best girl sinking...So that's why I'm cheating at cooking.
But it all looks good, and I'm especially excited about pudding...
I see the X Factor is fixed. Some blonde girl allegedly 26, has been around the block doing stuff and was approached by X Factor people...She knows nothing of course. And you know what? I don't care a jot. I enjoy the loudness and lies and pure silliness of it . It's an escape from nesw about life and death.
So bring on the cute kids, gormless deluded shelf fillers and older-than-they-say gals:)
I am SO busily hectic this week and me with my condition too......trust me I won't over informatize you, suffice to say it's down to being over half a century old.
Christ.
* I see The Great British Bake-Off is on telly tomorrow night. If it's as exciting as the first series then I'll be a Happy Cooker. Love Sue and Mel's hosting of it and love and adore judges Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood. Baking makes me cry, it's so wonderful.
* When out and about with Mum I bought another handbag....And it is the handbag equivalent of how I like my males. Plenty of roomage, fat when full, tan brown, soft in the bottom and BIG:)
Goodnight All......
Monday, 22 August 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I will have to put weight on!
Post a Comment