Tonight's tea was Toad-in-the-Hole, mash, sprouts and Mary Berry's delicious onion gravy. So quick and easy to make.... it's a gem.
For pud we'll have a small slice of Dutch Apple flan (made a large one yesterday which will see us good for a few days) and half a giant choco muffin. The muffin recipe is a Berry good one, she uses chocolate chips and white sugar I used Sainsbury's milk chocolate buttons and Muscovado... It felt so good throwing two little bags of Basics Buttons into the lumpy mix, I turned it and spooned it making sure not to overdo it, then gently splodged it into muffin cases. I have lots of muffin recipes but chocolate and blueberry are my favourites.
Going back to the toad....I sprinkled some dried sage into the Yorkshire pudding batter just to give it a speckled appearance...
The individual Yorkies domed beautifully and brought a smile to my cocoa splattered face:)
Now I must fly...My sweet tooth is waiting to be satiated. I'm also dead eager to watch a documentary about American stand-up Bill Hicks. His routines were far from routine. Check him out.
Also to be viewed soon, but not tonight is a Peter Ackroyd documentary on the Romantic poets...I'm looking forward to this, I loved his doc on London so am expecting more brilliance from the historian/presenter/writer.
Go to Youtube for more...
Wednesday, 31 August 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment