I've just read that former Home Secretary Jacqui Smith used two day-release prisoners to decorate her luxury home when they should have been working in the 'community'.
Ms Smith's greed and cunning renders me almost speechless.
*I wonder if I could grab-a-bad-lad to help with my interiors.
My hair looks cute after Lisa's visit. She really does a good job on me. But her silly remarks about women who choose to stay grey left me wondering...Oh well she's a decent enough woman who charges little and likes handbags as much as I do. So I'll put up with her.
I'm still choking whenever I glance at my recipe books....must be that I feel abandoned by them...... They have always, in the past at least, been something I could rely on for comfort and succour, but now they seem to be rigid and without heart. A bit like seeing a former lover after a long times absence. You loved me then now you can't even look me in the eye.
Today's food is...........
Sausage Saxony (Mary Berry recipe) served with creamy herb mash and peas.
Pud will probably be ice cream....
And I must just mention last night's pud, ditched the ice cream in favour of a baked apple and evaporated milk. The apple was one I plundered from the pub..... and after scooping out it's core with a paring knife I filled the cavity with raisins, sultanas and brown sugar, then, to make a bit of 'gravy', I poured in a little cold water and butter.
Result? A tender sweet fleshed mess.
At sometime, God knows when, I'll catch up on last night's The Great British Bake Off...I'm looking forward to meeting the contestants and seeing what they create. Also love Mary Berry overlooking it all and the other judge, Paul Hollywood, shouldn't be anywhere near a kitchen he's more fitted to a movie set. Goo goo...
Now I must fly..................:)
Wednesday, 24 August 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Suggestion-after you filled apple with raisins etc add cinnamom and drop of rum. Goes down a treat!
Post a Comment