Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Custard Slices-Possible pandemonium if custard doesn't set.
Lemon Curd Cheesecake. Definite ecstasy with first taste.
Bakewell Maids. Frilly almond tarts delicious served warm with cream


Just some of the goodies being made over the next few days.
Mother-On-Board:(
I mean :)

Had a Bovver of Boys lending a helping hand as mama failed to get up to full height when train stopped at Rochford. Bless their hearts they leant like a row of tin soldiers against the door to keep it open and as I laughingly dragged the old bean by the collar of her mac. I said brightly"Thank you lads" wonderring how on earth we'd reach the car...And how on earth I'd get her on a bar stool tomorrow...

We reached it, the car that is, and I booted her in. During our journey she looked pale and thin and spoke about dad's presence, I of course, advised lots more talking to the freshly departed mostly because I wish it was him keeping her erect rather than me.
Being elderly and alone is no joke and because it's no joke I intend to wear outrageous clothes and bother men at every opportunity...


Cooking tonight:
Sausages, Potato Boulangere, Green Beans. Followed by Apple Flan and hugs

No comments: