Update.........
Just finished making an apple pie for mum.
I layered the good pastry with sliced Cox's and sugar then crowned it with more thinly rolled out shortcrust pastry. Having quite a bit left over I cut out leaves (with veins) and stuck them around the edges, then with all the finesse of a cheap decorator I splashed on a little egg wash, just for shine.
I have quite a few apples left, some scrumped , the others handed over to me quite legally by a chum.
There is something soothing and warming about having a barrow of fruit, especially apples, my fridge is bending under their holy green weight.
I think I'll make some crumbles for the freezer so that when I feel like something sweet and don't have enough time in the afternoon for one reason or another to make one, all I'll need do is climb over papers and cat stuff in the spare room and raid my old stained freezer:)
I read somewhere that you can pack apples in boxes of sand and store in the garage if you have one. Imaging that...Wooden boxes stodged up with Bramley's and Cox's Orange Pippins.
Heaven my dear Adam, heaven!
Talking of heaven..I can barely control my excitement regarding tonight's footie match, I'll be there, in my drawing room, nailed to sofa, eyes raw with pure emotion set hard upon me big dusty tv, and, wearing my heated heart upon my floury sleeve, will shout COME ON ENGLAND YOU TWATS!
:)
Tuesday, 6 September 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment