
After a slow walk to Queensway shops (many health related stops) I asked very nicely if a gold wedding ring had been handed in. No. no, no.
Mum went out yesterday morning and believes she 'misplaced' it whilst digging deep in her purse for cash...I've told her repeatedly NOT to keep the ring amongst the coins but she insisted it was 'safe'
Now the olden gold ring has gone.
Mum was greying over with sadness.
Anyway....After all the negatives she went a little bleary eyed obviously but grasped my arm defiantly and offered to buy me a fish lunch. Once seated in the blue and white tiled fish shop with its modern artwork above the yummy mirrors we chatted... mostly about dad of course. She kept asking if I'd seen or heard from him but I thought Mr Fishy on Porchester Road was not the best place in which to discuss heaven and stuff and she bought it. ...She maintained silence for ten minutes then we spoke about men and Ed Balls.
A lovely youngish girl then delivered our Fat Roe, chips, bread, onions, iced cola (mum's) and cream topped hot chocolate (mine) then the poor lamb, much to the chagrin of Mother, giggled about fish eggs and stuff. Mother was not amused:( And it showed...
The skinny waitress looked puzzled so wished us a happy eating experience or something and sped off back to the fryer. It's funny how squeamish she is..that's mum....anything to do with internals and she throws up, silly mare... Me I don't mind.... innards of animals I'll eat it all:) Goes for human innards too, I wouldn't eat a persons organs of course but I'm not in the least fazed by any human bits red or wrinkly dead or alive:)
Mum paid up silently, while I smiled at the waitress, knowing that this slip of a thing had no idea the hell the old lady was currently residing in. I tipped her large...
Back to hers for good strong tea and a back massage, Mum's not mine! As she got dressed I looked around and hated the empty chairs, felt sombre as I spotted his glasses case stuffed down the armchair and felt weepy at the sight of the small brown horse ornament on his desk....(I bought it for him yonks ago) anyway.....I made a womanly tired promise to myself and him that I'll do my best to make things right again, to make sure mum gets to all her blasted appointments and that I'll loiter like the dutiful well trained daughter I still am in Corals making certain I get the best price for my fav gee gee in the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe...Sunday 2nd October... Can last year's winner Workforce do it again or will Reliable Man get his wet nose in front......X
Whadya reckon darling?
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment