


A wonderful day shopping wise....
No problems with traffic, my second home, Sainsburys, had everything I needed for tonight's tea and thirdly I made someone's day!
Not bad for an ordinary day...
So after waffling on here I'll be in my rightful place, the kitchen, where I'll try to make a sumptuous yet simple dinner, quality and colour, texture and taste, and oodles of it.
A starter, main course and pudding which I hope will please my guest. I'll write in detail about it tomorrow.
You know I sometimes dream about kitchens, and in these tiled and wild dreams I'm dressed in a starched white apron creating dishes for both lords and beggars. In this utopia I don't discriminate.
My wooden table is scratched and worn and bleached pale by years of scrubbing and on it lies nothing. What?
The table stands in the middle of the room like an altar on high waiting for the high priestess, who would be me of course, to anoint it with bowls of blue and white china, cutlery sparkling in rays of late afternoon sunlight which not only warms the air but the mood too. Plates some chipped and worn and glasses, some stout some fine stand empty, waiting to be filled, with juice, beer, water or champagne or whatever my lords and stragglers want.
I have to go now....I enjoyed that little piece of prose/poetry, I'd like to expand on it sometime.
:) Google have a new gizmo whereby when you click on a pic the page goes through to a slide show where, if you wish, you can click again for a close up view.
4 comments:
With those photos here I could wish for a show
Dearheart I adore your pics you look so innocent
Blue xx
Thanks for your comment Terry. Always appreciated.
Dear Blue, you are to presume me innocent unless you know otherwise.
X
Post a Comment