Monday, 3 October 2011

I Had This Cabbie Today

Who, after executing a very tasty u-turn down by the Old Bailey, ranted on most eloquently about the Olympics.

How he went on.

His little flushed face getting redder and redder as he cursed all the 'stuffed shirts' sitting in the Palace of Westminster saying aye to this and nay to that. My God his tongue nearly came off its hinges.

And so as he dodged through the atrocious traffic, Mother and I nodded trying to take ourselves out of the arena... He was a love though. And he meant well. A typical London cabbie. White with opinions and hairs coming out of ears.

"Where you bin? he asked looking at me in his rear view mirror.
'Oh no' I thought, 'we're going to have a question and answer session here in this cab and me with the doddery old girl in a mac'....I decided to go with his flow and enjoy the in-cab entertainer.
"We were shoved orf a number 23" I said
"YOU WHAT?" cabman yelled "THOUGH CAN'T SAY I'M SURPRISED, WHAT WITH ALL THE BLOODY PRE-OLYMPIC PREENING AND TARRING, MAKING A RIGHT COCK-UP OF OUR ROADS THEY ARE AND ALL BECAUSE OF THESE BLOODY GAMES. WHERE YOU OFF TO FROM LIVERPOOL STREET THEN?

Oh my giddy aunt..was this man ever going to stop?
With a weak sigh I replied..."Southend, sort off, nearby Southend"
And off he jolly well went with his history of how many times he's visited the lovely old place and what a nightmare the new road lay out is around Southend Vic station....

I clocked the clock and the money was shooting up...
"Soon be there I said to the little lady opposite"
"He;s a nosey old sod" mum said scowling out of the window.
"He better not be taking us around the houses"......................(Christ...Chattering Cabbie and Mental Mother...)

If I didn't remove myself from this blasted cab soon someone was going to get a pasting..

We arrived and like the true little gent he really was, Cabbie Man jumped out to help Mum and me with our bags.
I thanked him for helping and for his views, then handed over the entire contents of my plastic purse whilst dragging the old girl away.
Meanwhile Cab man pocketted MY money then twisted his vehicle around like a true professional heading off in search of another audience.
I liked him:)

We arrived back at the bungalow hot and with ear- ache but so delighted were we that we celebrated our survival with fish and chips...................... and silence...:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Angie you are sooooooooooooo mad.
but we love you.

x H & J

Anonymous said...

What a gift you have my dear. The ability to mix true life with a copious sprinkling of humour. I like but then again you know I like you x

Blue

Gloria Horsehound said...

H&J you are sooooooooooooo right and so wise.

Gloria Horsehound said...

Blue, Welcome and thank you for commenting..At last.

Please pop in again my dear.