As Mother gets deeper and deeper into her bed clothes and Mr H. laughs at Blazing Saddles I nip out to rearrange kitchenalia.
Why now?
Because because because I have some free me time. So after penning this I'll potter...
Earlier...........
While our chicken and veg roasted I moved the big brown Argos dressers from the kitchen into the conservatory.
And by doing so, the falling to bits armchair, which was originally in the kitchen but for some weeks now has been disintegrating in the aforementioned conservatory could be reinstated in its rightful position...KITCHEN CORNER.
(Mothers are SO in the way in the house.) The whole bungalow has been turned upside down since her arrival but life has a way of sorting itself out and so it came to be that my favourite old chair is now snugly cramped in the kitchen between small window and 1960's dresser. (Given to me by neighbour)
No seriously, honestly, I never felt quite right when looking at the armchair (circa 1970 given to me by another neighbour), seeing it lonely with its back against grubby glass and no cat or me upon it, kind of felt like I'd ditched it without a care but I did and do care.....
All this heartpain was because of a bed...
Mother's bed.
A complete painful rearrangement of the drawing room was needed so....to make room for the rather lovely pine bed (lucky mum) we relocated the dresser to the kitchen which meant shifting my old armchair from the warmth of the kitchen to the chill of the really terrible conservatory. I do like the conservatory but it's never quite had a personality. One moment it's a tinkley airy place for drinking tea whilst sitting on peacock chairs with cream cakes and air fresheners. The next it's a mucky shed, stuffed with bird seed barrels, grungey mop and men's pliers.
Poor mixed up kid that conservatory.
But after today's tea time shuffle, it has the makings of a Ladies Play Room:)
Talking of Playing.
I am now in possession of the biggest Jug I've ever seen:0
If Mr H. gets a mo I'll ask him to take a pic I will then upload it to here.
It really is the daftest looking thing:o
Saturday, 11 February 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How many times have you re-arranged your kitchen? Lounge must be next as you chnaged that three months ago & must be tired!
Post a Comment