

Masterchef tonight, the task being to cook a nice meal for 200 guests.
Ummmm.
Cooking for three or four gets my apron strings in a twist.
(By the way there's some footie action tonight Inter Milan v. Marseilles or somebody. Foreign.)
Having said that I've just made a St. Clement's Swiss Roll, never done this one before, my Rolls usually the jammy type. But this one looks and sounds so yum I had to bake it.
The cooked sponge is now resting under a damp teatowel, probably lie there until I've finished my tea and boiled mum's eggs.
Then an orange and lemon syrup is poured over it and again it's left to rest...Not over mum or her eggs of course but over the sponge.
When it's all sunk in and the cake is fully moist, I lay down some orange curd and whipped cream.
I'll probably just look at it or a mo. then do the rolling up..always a tense time, the roll usually splits in a small way on its upper side, but doesn't take away any of the goodness and pizazz.
Later on I'll be treating Monty to a small piece of unfortunate pollock.
2 comments:
No wonder Mr H is putting on weight whereas you are as slim as ever. Not fair!
I know....awful isn't it:)
Post a Comment