I fed the birds then fed mother.
Cooking today, probably round about tea time, will be a chicken, roasted and served with the usual suspects of glazed parsnips and buttered peas, carrots currently giving me the pip!
For afters, rice pudding made with full cream milk and sugar substitute. Have to resort to this because otherwise mother wouldn't be able to join in.
Also keeping me kitchen bound will be the making of a dozen custard tarts, think I mentioned that yesterday, at any rate they'll be made sometime this afternoon. Probably while watching Columbo and sipping life saving char.
Isn't the snow awful?
Had my heart doing all sorts of pumpings this a.m. There I stood in olde dressing gown, quite vile on account of missing belt and buttons held together with old tie and saftey pin, anyway there I stood in kitchen peering out like a schoolkid at the almight white stuff. Slipperless.
my very first thought being. Birds.
A robin was circling the bird table as if to say WTF.
So having a heart and slight bout of melancholia I bounded into the bedroom to find an old old pair of boots.
Within seconds and before I could say "acutely aware of the feelings of others" I was sweeping away snow from the table with the sleeve of my red dressing gown.
Mr H. will sometime today, probably after watching the Nicky Campbell show on BBC1, shovel away snow-on-the-drive. Neighbours are already at it. Laughing too.
Doesn't take much to bring out the Blitz Spirit.
Mother on the other hand is asking whether or not she's taken her pills and does any of it matter anyway.
Yes my dear it does matter......... just as empathising with birds matters on this Winterd day.
By the way. Didn't watch The Wrestler last night on account of my back and eyes. My back ached and my eyes bringing down their shutters just before 9. Before 9!
Age + Graft+Talk+Food+Just Tired :)
Awake now and looking out onto garden and road....a museum of white iced architecture. Deathly still save the occasional leaf tremor as a sparrow disembarks a chilled branch and lands on the food laden table.......
:)
Sunday, 5 February 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment