Early a.m. pre-dawn infact. A bitter darkness of spirit enveloped my mind. "Hell" I thought as I literally hid under the cover...
But.
The hands of the clock did their slow dance..............
So happy and filled with the spirit that I lunged at all things yellow in the charity shop, you know the one, the one wedged between the tattoo parlour and Alan's the Dry Cleaners, anyway I bid a merry good morning to Boss Lady who, with her customary flare for words groaned...Morrrrrrning.!
Poor lamb I thought and headed straight to stuff.
Cut a long story short? Ok.
Stood at the till 10 minutes later holding:
1. Yellow cotton fringed thing. Big enough for bed use, hardy enough for table top use and pretty enough for the back of a settee. £1
2. Four nutmeg coloured flowered cotton table mats. On second thoughts could come in handy for sticking under spaghetti chin. 15p
3. Cute small primrose yellow jug. Usage information unavailable. I don't see beef gravy in it. 40p
4. Tall-as-a-sunflower and exactly the same colour Vase. £1. White artificial flower a must.
Sticking with the yellow theme....
5. Four butter yellow melamine plates. "Ideal" I thought for picnic days.
6.One large oval...YELLOW plate. Its usage undeniable...Fruit holder. 15p
7. A thick blue hardback book of inspirational verse. I opened it at today's date. It helped. 50p.
And so I left happy.
Also did mother's money errands, having a bit o'banter with Mr PostMaster. Something to do with not having any pension left to live on that sort of thing, you know. Laugh? YES! I could have smashed the glass which divided us so relieved was I.
Wrote note ( letter with 1st class stamp) to Phil, my mate, head of housing and all that at Westminster Council (bastards) to tell him that all was paid and that if he had any queries he could call me!
Love You!
Pillock.
Have a really busy afternoon ahead so must say fare thee well.
But not before telling you this...Very early this morning a beautiful daffodil lay lifeless on the earth, in the corner actually, under the bare tree, but now, after some sun had warmed its stem it stands lonely but defiantly.
Analogy overload?
Must dash now, I have food to prep, bandages to wrestle with and big yellow things to play with :)
Today's tea is:
Beef Cobbler
Baked Beans
Not a lot of pud because I'm having a real blow out tomorrow!
Monday, 20 February 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like you and daffodil have lot in common
You're a very perceptive man Mr P.
Post a Comment