Tuesday, 28 August 2012

All About Gardening Really

...and the extortionate amount asked for by the gardening men to remove tree cuttings (a lot thereof)
£250.

We, that's Mr H, Mr Hairy Suit and my good self decided they were being a little cheeky so, this afternoon, it was all hands on and what a grand job we've done.
Looking at it just now, I'd say we are half way though and it's all down to Hairy, my incredibly generous friend, co-cook and gardening labourer/god.

But now you'll be pleased and relieved to hear that I've ditched my gardening gloves in favour of oven gloves, a much more ladylike accessory;)

As we all had a fairly decent lunch I feel I don't need to blow our gaskets by serving up big platefuls of grub, so snorker sandwiches with a handful of chips, tomatoes and possibly peas, on the side.
Pudding is out of the question unless of course the lads really do fancy summat sweet so if that's the case then I suppose I could scoop and dollop some ice cream.

I love being busy so what with dodging around this a.m. and gardening this p.m. and dealing with mum's sad state of mind and other mother related terrors I'm just about zonked, ready in fact, to chill out/collapse in front of the tv watching The Great British Bake Off!


Now I must fly....................




2 comments:

The Hairy Suit said...

Yesterday was good, nice lunch good company and a sense of acheivement with the tree cuttings disappearing. In fact clearing a lot more than I had expected. It's allways easier to get stuck in with good friends isn't it?

Gloria Horsehound said...

Yes many hands do make light work but one too many cooks spoil the broth.
Good job we had a sausage then.