Saturday, 18 August 2012

Not a cloud in the sky

..............so orf we tootled down to the seaside.

And as Mr H pushed mum I carried the bags hoping mum had recovered from her latest fall.
She was quiet, tranquil with weakness, so our day out would be brief.

In the charity shop, a stones throw from the beach, she bought two novels and a pink flowered cloth purse. I didn't buy anything, couldn't rouse any interest not even when glancing at the handbags. I was, you see, feeling drained after yesterday's cataclysmic dealings with officialdom. And so could hardly blame or scold myself for not feeling entirely 'with it'. But after another bitter misunderstanding with mum this morning I closed myself away in the kitchen for a few moments returning to the front room with generosity.
And that's when we went out.

It's funny how, when your mind has taken a bashing, you retreat, back orf clinging like hell to your shell, wondering when these sad battles will stop.
She doesn't mean to wound and I don't mean to appear cold or impatient but we do, both of us.
We're ladies who love. Obviously.

Talking of love.
I'm jiggling around the bungalow with joy at the thought of tonight's X Factor. We'll, that's Mr H and me good self will try to do what we've always done on occasions such as this, that is, to join in the hokum.
And to celebrate I'm making a home made Chinese dinner. Sweet and Sour Chicken with colourful veggies, pancake rolls and Horsehound Fried Rice.
And will, if the fancy and my ankles allow, knock together a delicate sweet of enormous proportions.
Something lemony probably:)


Whilst buying newspapers the man who cut down my conifers tapped my shoulder.
"Hello Angela, enjoying the sun?"
"Well hello, yes. And the branches are still cluttering up my side entrance" :)
So after giving him my number I left him standing.


Now I must fly:)



2 comments:

The Hairy Suit said...

It amazes me how love, something that we think is wonderful, cherished and caring can be so very painful. It's like the price of caring is to be cut down in ribbons and lashed out at with venom. Really what is being said is that you are close enough to me that I can do anything and I know you'll still be there for me. So in a perverse sort of way the worse the onslaught the more love has a part to play. Keep smiling Gloria, you know you are loved very very much xxxx

Gloria Horsehound said...

Love is the best of things. Whether it's for ma or pa, partner or friend. But it's when this love is tormented by fears or doubts that it transforms from the wonderful to the almighty pain.