
This Olympics is the best I've ever seen.
Golds being won in my hometown (and a little further up the line). Two rowing Golds....
Last night it felt fantastic seeing Mo Farah breeze to Gold then, amidst a fleet of photographers, I smiled womanly stupidly as his little girl shot onto the track and jostled for daddy's attention as the glowing exhausted Olympian shone!
Jess Ennis won the hearts of the nation too. As did long jumping red head Greg Rutherford. A real showman. And why not. I too would ham it up if I'd succeeded in claiming top prize. Heptathlete Jessica was cool, so cool, until she blitzed past the line then all glory let loose.
I never thought I'd see us, team GB, win three gold medals in an unforgettable incredible 60 minutes!
And today as I go about my never ending, back breaking, knee swelling business I'll watch Murray take on Federer for....another Gold?
Come on Andy...... take away my ills and make my Sunday:)
P.S.
To celebrate I'm roasting some English beef :)
1 comment:
Olympics are inspiring aren't they, and how quintessentially English to have roast beef on Sunday. Now that's real style ...... and class ....... everything I'd expect of you, he he. I really admire your resolve, keep smiling Gloria
Post a Comment