Thursday, 9 August 2012

Mum phoned.
Yes phoned.
There was I asleep alone in bed (Mr H gorn orf early)
And a blooming phone call wakes me.
At first I thought it was a friend, but no it was Mother.
Being stunned I naturally walked rather slowly to the front room where on entering I found Her Majesty sitting up fiddling with her Nokia.

I can't begin to tell you how worried/annoyed/tickled I felt on seeing this............
" What do you want?" I asked, my eyes hanging out of my head.
"Were you asleep?"
I stared at her skinny frame biting my tongue.
What good would it do to have an altercation with a dying woman when I'm wearing not much.
"Tea?" I said
I got a smile:)

After a while of washing her and hunting down blasted silky blouses we went out. I didn't WANT to go out but I can't deny her 30 minutes in Joan's charity shop. Joan, by the way, hugged me to the point of breaking bones, but it was well meaning and by the time we left we left the Love-In I was carrying a HUGE bag of stuff.
:)

Then more stuff elsewhere.
Cabbage.
Newspapers.
Lemon Tarts.

Home now for an afternoon of pure relaxation after I've cooked and baked and done bed sores.

:)

Looks like we're in for a warm one, so might, if the devil entices me, drip into my 'new' gorgeous summer frock and do a parade for the back garden pigeons.


:)

No comments: