Monday, 20 August 2012

Masses of Colour and Sparkle

........As much as I felt mum was too doddery/ill to go out she, in her infinite wisdom, thought otherwise so orf we went to Hockley.

It hurt to see her struggling to maintain interest and keep her head up and yet, as if by magic or prayer, my old love bought a book about Princess Diana. I was pleased mum still felt the urge for literature, some loves I suppose never fade away.

I too bought an interesting item.
A handbag made of cotton with an olde goldy handle and embellished with hundreds of multi-coloured sequins. So boho. So glorious.
It was drool at first sight. It was love at first feel. So I paid Doris £3 and left the shop next to the Co-Op and opposite the florist a cheerful bunny.

Our next major outlay was in the Cancer Relief charity shop where mum bought a soft pink leather purse and I an amberesque necklace. Total outlay £1:50. Total pleasure.

Home to a beef roll and strawberry mousse.

After changing mum's bedding (she has a new duvet cover) Mr H and myself went into the back garden where some hot and profound creativity occurred.

Mr H. mowed and I re-arranged ceramic cats and plant pots.

It now looks wonderful.

I feel I must, at this stage, thank my exceptionally talented friend and gardening guru the handsome Mr Suit who, yesterday, without thought for his safety or jeans , bent over, clipped and pulled and cut and shaved all manner of weeds from my neglected patio.
Without his hard work I don't think I'd have been half inspired this morning, so ooodles of thanks HS, without you I'd never have got bitten:)


That's enough man praise.

Cooking tonight is roast stuffed pork, cabbage and potatoes, with apple sauce and gravy. For pudding another Creme Caramel of which Mr Suit will again miss out. Lol!

P.S. Bought for 25p a dvd of A Place In The Sun starring Elizabeth Taylor and Montgomery Clift. A Hollywood gem.
Best line? Taylor holds Clift in her arms softly saying...."Come, tell mama all about it"
Mmm.


Now I must fly.................:)



2 comments:

The Hairy Suit said...

It was my pleasure, a few minutes toil for a friend is a mere snip of how much I'd like to be able to do. The mossies were ravenous weren't they and sorry those viscious stingers got you. But however well intentioned the deed there's allways a sting in the tale eh? And, to add insult to injury no Creme Caramel again, despite watching you hand craft it, now that really is a sting in the tail. One day though, one day I'll get my timing right he he

Gloria Horsehound said...

You and my Creme Caramel seem destined never to meet.