Sunday, 2 December 2012

..........Before I start making a Chocolate and Vanilla Swirl Cake I must have a word...

Last night's home made Chinese was yummily different on account of an ample amount of celery thrown in at the last moment.
'Twas good on another level too because our house guest the ever so assertive Mr Hairy Suit arrived  on time his pockets bulging with Prawn Toasts and Wontons. These made a  lovely addition to the table.

In fact HE made a lovely addition aswell.

Anyway.......We ate well, the boys especially, mum dived in too only her fork was picking up Penne Cheese as opposed to Macaroni Cheese. I'd made amples of course more than any one person could eat so leftovers were bagged up and taken to work by the ever so agreeable HS.
Back to the Chinese...I slowly scooped mine up with jolly plastic chopsticks not because I wanted or needed to impress but because I eat slowly anyway and twiddling around with sticks aids non-indigestion. You can't wallop it down you see.

Then The X Factor where James Arthur totally convinced me that he could sing anything. Outstanding.
Union J. Love the gay guy's voice. Powerful yet smooth, rather like a pint of ginger wine.
Maloney was stitched up by Barlow because Barlow knew Maloney couldn't do justice do a Buble song. It was pure murder. Especially the final money note. Ugh!
And finally, At Last, Jahmene Douglas, singing the Etta James song better than Etta James and she sang it like she was born singing it. But Jahmene, with his issues and all, gave birth, right there, right then, on stage, in front of millions of people, to a glossy rich career where he'll sing out his damaged soul. My only hope...is that  he keeps a fragment of it...


Roasting a small chicken today and to go with the bird some sweet parsnips, peas and mashed potato. Pudding will be a canned affair. Pears probably.


Now I must get baking a Chocolate and Vanilla Swirl Cake.:)

Cheerio

No comments: