......I'm ready to go to Sainsburys but first we wait a visit from the district nurse.
They're good eggs, the nurses, some easier to talk with than others but overall ok.
I'm wondering what London district Nurses are like... will they be as jolly as Sandra or as cool as Lynn we'll find out...
Mum cried this morning.
Her shrunken face red, her eyes mauve ringed, her mood, desperate.
She wants to go home.
No doubt.
In the past she's seen sense realizing that being home alone wouldn't be wise. But this time, this morning, sense was trampled and love for her home and the life she had in it with dad, won out.
Therefore I told her that after Christmas I'd somehow get her home.
A talk with her London GP is first on the list then, if she's still adamant about dying in the Smoke, I'll set about refreshing her rooms and sorting out home visits from various agencies.
I knew this was coming.
So m'dears, along with a visit from a bod from the DWP next week it looks as if the start of the new year will be interesting.
I'll be frying some steak today, always try to cook something special when Mr H has a day orf.
Also on the agenda, baking a fruit cake for charity shop Joan and a big Farmhouse loaf for us. Which reminds me Hairy Suit bought me a 4lb loaf tin. It's such a whopping beauty that I've put in on the windowsill.
Now I must fly:)
Wednesday, 19 December 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can feel your pain. My mother when in the nursing home with Alzheimers wanted to go home although there was no longer a home to go to. What really got me was when she wanted to buy a car so she could go when she wanted to. I finally told her we would go to the DMV and if she could get out of the wheel chair and drive and pass the written test we would get her a car. Those icy glares she gave me. It was like dealing with a teenage child most days but now she's gone I'd give anything to have that back...Good luck and best wishes.
Thanks Linda, you're right when you say it's like dealing with a teenage child mum's mood swings are distressing. There's not a lot I can do any more except go along with whatever takes her fancy.
I know too about the icy stares...They freeze me to the ground.
Post a Comment