,,paddled my way around the blasted Co-Op to pick up last minute baking essentials. ( had an idea when eating breakfast in McDonalds) so armed with a few last quid filled the basket with sweet and savoury ingredients.
Breakfast for me is usually porridge but had been invited by Mr Hairy and young Master Hairy to partake in a sausage and egg McMuffin at 9 a.m. so drove like the clappers with windscreen wipers doing a merry dance to an early morning brekkie date.
On arrival Master Hairy was already tucking in, whereas Mr Hairy's McThing looked kinda sad. Only half eaten and falling out of its wrapper. My arrival soon changed that. Master Hairy's smile lit up the burger place while Mr Hairy rapidly swallowed off his limp sausage then set about ordering my early morning nibble.
Gotta say it, nothing quite lifts the heart than good food with mates. I delighted in Master Hairy's company, he's a boy of outstanding charm and possibilities and when waiting inline for his second breakfast of the day I couldn't help but begin to love him.
We didn't sit glumly as the rain thrashed the panes instead we joshed about our middle names, Father Christmas, Jack and The Beanstalk and presents. The years dropped orf. Suddenly I was 10 again. Goofing. Larking with bottles of milk and generally having the time of my life.
So thanks Mr and Master Hairy for a wonderful free and breezy morning.
Then to the Co-Op and that's where I came in... I'm doing a lot of cooking over the next few days and being a cook I never know when to stop. So what started out as a few bits has turned into a sack full of bobs!
Okey Dokey..Now I must get on. It's Saturday and I've a few things to attend to. First orf...bread making, then more yeasted dough for tonight's pizza.
A pudding will be useful because pizza, however large, don't always fill a cavernous tummy:)
Saturday, 22 December 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment