Just when I thought I couldn't dislike Murray any more he goes and does something completely rotten and beyond belief.
Tennis fans will know that this week at Queens the weather has been lousy, only occasionally has Mr Sunlight put his cap on. So it came as a great big stinking surprise this afternoon that after many rain delays play got under way...Murray was on with Mahut the Frenchman who beat him here last year...Then a teaspoonful of droplets fell and Murray bleated to the weak-willed umpire that the grass was too slippery. Utter tosh. Matches were continuing on the other court but Murray took it upon himself to call a halt to the much anticipated match against the man who knocked him out last year...
I know very little about the ins and outs of tennis what I do know however is that some players are more professional than others. Mahut never made a sound, he seemed to me to be quite willing to slip and slide a little just like Berdych and Bakker (Berdych winning nicely) and trusty Aussie Hewitt as he beat up likeable Bulgarian, Dimitrov. All these fine youngish men played without tears and tantrums but not Drama Queen Murray. (Drama Queen, the epithet given to Murray by Wimbledon champion Virginia Wade). He wanted the match stopped and it was. The image of an indecisive umpire, referee and tournament manager all gathered around the throne of prince Andrew was an embarrassment.
And when the officials gave in Murray the Moaner trudged off smirking.
I had a very thick Pork Chop for my tea, only trouble was it was so thick and tasty I barely had room for canned mandarins and custard.
Wednesday, 12 June 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Tennis and gingernuts - what a wonderful combination! This really made me smile :)
Hi GG, I love making you smile:)
Post a Comment