Monday, 3 June 2013

Me hustling...





Set up the pins and I'll (attempt to) knock them over.

Mr Horsehound, Mr and Mrs Hairy Suit with a young energetic mini Hairy Suit (just 12) and moi racked up a few strikes in the lanes. With much musical accompaniment I and mini Hairy Suit cut a rug........

After doing it we all played with smaller balls and a man sitting at the bar obviously six sheets to the wind laughed loudly when I tactically altered the dynamics of the game (cheated).

We left him propping up the bar and de-camped to a nearby gastric boozer ( for my American readers a gastro pub is a bar that also serves food)

It was choc a bloc with the fine (?) folk of Essex all doing what they do well..supping and yammering.

After quite a wait for our food we finally tucked in to: Bean Tortillas, hamburgers, gammon steak and milk. (mine)
No time for pud on account of having to be back in barracks by 20:00 hours.
Mother doesn't much approve of social lives.

Anyway what little time I had away was blissful.


3 comments:

The Hairy Suit" said...

What a day that was Gloria. Bowling, Pool, Dinner out. "Young Man" as refered to in my blog aka "Mini Hairy Suit" and I "The Hairy Suit" had a wonderful time with you, it was soo good to see you and mini HS larking about together and having fun, the music was even half descent for us all to dance to in between strikes and pots. And despite it being very busy (which can be a good critique of the fayre) dinner at the pub on the way home was good when it arrived too. I sense we may return to those dens of eniquity to revel again........... he he

Linda Metcalf said...

Loved the photos and video! Judging from the smiles a good time was had by all...and how good for you for a good time out!

Gloria Horsehound said...

Hi Linda I go a little bonkers when I'm out and about without MOTHER! I let my hair down for all it's worth!