We waited and waited, Mother and I, for the all too dismal clouds to puff away, but they didn't...well not until very late this afternoon when suddenly a scratch of blue sky emerged from behind the dumpy grey clouds meaning that possibly play might get under way in the Men's Final at Queens.
A match we'd been looking forward to between Scot Andy Murray and Croat Marin Cilic. Right from the off my heart belonged to the two meter high Cilic. The man who, last year won Queens by default after Nalbandian kicked up rough and was consequently dismissed by the umpire. Cilic took the cup.
This year, this afternoon, Marin started off well but Murray soon got the better of him and so the quiet young giant was left holding the second place rosette.
It's Eastbourne next week then Wimbledon... I fear more badly constructed posts about Murray are on the way:)
Other News.....
Mother and I watched Denzel Washington in his newest movie.."FLIGHT". (DVD from Morrisons....)An alcoholic drug using pilot turns his loaded damaged aircraft upside down lands it in a field and in so doing saves most of his passengers, Hero or what?
Hero of course. But then investigations, questions and wonderings begin till one dark day Whip gets sent to a tribunal where he..................
Won't spoil the end for you. If you get the chance to see this cracking film take it. Denzel never fails to please.
Made a gorgeous Hazelnut cake yesterday and today, a Malt Loaf.
It's a substitute you know.
Now I must retire to my room on account of having a few last minute preps to do before I set off on a little holiday with my good friend Hairy Suit........... and Mother.
Sunday, 16 June 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment