Sunday, 2 June 2013

Thoughts on a Gorgeous Summery Day

I'm roasting a large chicken and England take on Brazil later on tonight in Brazil.
If Roy's Boys display what they displayed this week against the Irish republic he and the lads are in for an almighty kicking.
I fear for Hodgo. Therefore I fear for England. I'm just full of fear:(

Here are more fear filled dates.

6. September. England v. MOLDOVA
10. September. England v. UKRAINE
11.October. England v. MONTENEGRO
and finally
15. October England v. POLAND.......



My hair needs a-doing.

Tennis from Roland Garros this week has been sumptuous even when overhead steel grey clouds hovered. But it's nice there today, dazzlingly sunny with many fine matches to watch. Already seen Ferrer and now as I type I can hear Serena Williams beating up some Italian girl. I'm hoping for an Italian win but Ms Williams is in strong form.

For pud today a flan I baked yesterday. Dutch Apple Flan made with a giant Bramley, Greek yoghurt and scented with cinnamon and vanilla .

Mother has been up and down. Both bodily and emotionally. I loaded her into the bath this morning but she shrieked with panic so I hugged her out of the warm rose scented water, drying her till she calmed down.

I made a dozen miniature jam tarts yesterday, bite-sized cuties filled with apricot and raspberry jam. I'm opting for simpler baking now, back to the traditional friendly trusted fayre.

A chicken pudding I steamed recently, exploded.





2 comments:

Linda Metcalf said...

The Dutch Apple sounds wonderful. How in the world do you eat all this wonderful food you cook and stay so small??? Lucky girl.

Gloria Horsehound said...

Hi Linda...I work it off!