Tuesday, 25 February 2014

All Quiet

As we waited for nursie to arrive I cleaned the bungalow while mum watched the news...
When we had a tea break we talked.
In a nutshell...
She clings to her London home because it spells HOPE,
If she gives it up she loses all hope of ever having a life of her own in a home of her own.
How can I fight that?
I can't.
We reached a new level of understanding over our tea. Believing that she'll walk and see properly again, believing she'll once again polish her own ornaments and be Queen of her own castle is what keeps mum's heart pumping.
I can't beat that.

So we chatted and changed bags and watched Columbo and ate together.
Not much I know... but it'll do till we can BOTH have the lives we want....

2 comments:

Linda Metcalf said...

Good for her....everyone needs a dream...it's what keeps us going.

Gloria Horsehound said...

Can't fault you there Linda.