Monday, 3 February 2014

In the shops today all the old dears could talk about was the weather.
I too talked about it.
But I am not old.
Yet.
I'm hoping to be.
One day.

And God willing, or whoever else runs the universe, I'll take liberties, I'll swish my skirts around giving old guys a glimpse of my gorgeous pins, and if I'm single, I'll bag one or two.



As mum and me looked for something for lunch. I spotted some cod in beer batter. Oh yeah. AND it was decorated with a 'reduced' sticker. The fish was old and cold and past its sell buy date.
Didn't care.
"That fish is walking" I told mum. She concurred.

Also bought was a pre-owned pink flowered pinny and pre-loved yellow flowered cream jug.
"Pre-owned and pre-loved?" Tosh.
It's stuff that's been chucked out.
And I'm mightily glad.
Because if people didn't dump their old bits I'd live in a bare bungalow and be running around naked.

Old fish now.
 

 



1 comment:

The Hairy Suit said...

Gloria Darling..... I can't imagine you'll ever be single, especially while you'll have me bagged he he. You do of course have the most gorgeous pins and any gentleman fortunate enough to catch a glimpse is lucky indeed, not to mention the slightly higher blood pressure he he. The fish? reduced? hmmmm, didn't seem that small to me ha ha or lacking in youthfishness. And amen for stuff that's been chucked out...... charity shops and antique centres wouldn't be the same without it, and I am certainly getting a taste for visiting both with you. as for bare nakedness without them, now there's a thought he he