Tuesday, 11 February 2014

Mother Nature Turns It Up,,,,updated....

From my window I see shaking fences, sodden bird tables, sleet. Not a bird dog or human to be seen.
The weather gods have us.

SO while gardens become boggy and the guttering barely copes Mother snoozes. I on the other hand have been scraping off years of paint from the bathroom shelf. My dark denim dress is splattered up top with a selection of old paint, the skirt part, protected by a pinny, the paint that's shooting off was, at the time, so just the perfect colour. Now it's plain hideous. What I long for now is Shaker style simplicity. Bare to the bone. Yet beautiful.
It's therapeutic is simplicity. Softens the edges. Staunches a bleeding heart.

The washing machine is on its third load.. Towels. Orange bath sheets, brown hand towels and mum's red white and blue striped seaside affair.
It's a silly thin thing.  One drying of her hands and feet and it's damp. Still, she likes it, and prefers it kept away, separate from our big lolloping heavy towels.

It's calmed down outside. Inside though it's all go. Mother needs tea and I need to vacuum the front room...
Hot tea first then a quick cha cha cha around mums feet...


 15:05 pm
I have 80 minutes to myself...
Prepare tonight's tea..Sausages, potato boulangere, veggies and little gooseberry crumbles. Then, a sneaky cuppa with a book!





2 comments:

Linda Metcalf said...

It's a whopping 4 degrees here today with a -4 wind chill but the sun is shining! Sounds to be another busy day for you as ever :) We still have snow and ice on the ground and there are about 6 red birds hanging around for several days they are looking for food soooo....I will be going to shop for some seed for them today. I like their company they brighten my day!

Gloria Horsehound said...

You're right about birds brightening the day! Although I love watching them, it's their singing that tugs at my heart strings. Love it!

Keep Warm...