Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Questions Questions...

The plumber who came to do something to the new bathroom radiator was awash with questions.
Like:
Who installed the boiler?
and
How do you manage with only the one bathroom?

The boiler, I told him, was 'installed' by two cowboys. Ah. That accounts for a lot said Mr Plumber.
Yes thank you said I loudly hoping my firmness would shut him up...
But no, he continued prattling on about good traders and the internet and would I be interested in a new boiler.
Oh go away I thought as mum waited for her Hot Dogs.
Just do what I ask you to do and let me get on with feeding my mum.

His parting question of how do you manage with only the one bathroom left me not only stunned but feeling a bit out of date. "Oh we manage" I cheerfully said.
And I wondered as he trotted off down the pathway how many bathrooms he had. ( while he was sifting through his almighty toolbox he imparted unto me the story of how his wife made him fix their central heating at 1 in the morning because it wasn't hot enough.
My God I thought. What a woman. No wonder his eyes were like sunken mudholes.

 Later................

After pocketing my money Mr Plumber went on his way leaving mum and me to stand in our new 'sauna'. God it's hot in there!
And we love it.



No comments: