Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Sunlight makes a difference (updated throughout the day)

I feel subdued........... but seeing sunlight brighten the grey path and add millions of sparkles to a mass of wet grass, I begin to feel hopeful..
So as mum waits patiently for Nursie I will make a Cheese and Onion Tart.


Later.....

If the Cheese and Onion Tart tastes as good as it looks tonight's tea of Tart, buttery potatoes, green beans and fruity chutney will be superb!
As the tart was cooling I made a Coffee and Walnut Traybake. It's baked now and after I've had egg and chips with Mr Hairy Suit I'll ice it. (Hairy's need for my homecooked food is frightening)
Nursie came, Nursie left leaving something for Mother to dwell on...The idea of laying on one's side for two hours. Mother was not impressed.


Our food is prepared.....Hairy Suit is working hard.....mum is watching tv........now a little settee time for me with a Mary Stewart book...






4 comments:

Linda Metcalf said...

Don't blame Hairy Suit if it's a cheese and onion tart how wonderful!

Gloria Horsehound said...

Sharing food is a mad passion for me Linda!

The Hairy Suit said...

Gloria, your home cooked food is a triumph that is hard to resist, that's for sure, as you know I love to cook good home made food too so appreciate when someone else does as well (Linda, Thank you it's not my fault Gloria is a fabulous cook) the cheese & Onion tart looked fabulous..... not that I got to try any :-( the coffee & walnut tray bake really hit the spot though, can't see that hanging around for long. But Gloria it's you I come to see and crave to be with. Settee time is always good.... I say more of that he he

Gloria Horsehound said...

Hairy there is lots of cake left, only had a dice sized cube last night on account of all the cheese and onion tart I ate...