An old Banana Longboat...Please note the queer looking spoon...
Instead of the aforementioned canned peaches for tonight's pud I've concocted something...Seeing a couple of limp bananas in the fruit dish made me think....
Cut 2 trifle sponges in half. Spread meanly with Ginger Conserve, too much would be too much, only want a hit of heat not my tongue on fire...so sponges spread I then sliced thickly the bananas, always feel bananas need to be cut chunkily or they lose their ooompa.
Anyway that done I made half a pint of ordinary Bird's custard and whilst it simmered I dropped in 4 squares odf Cadbury's Fruit and Nut. LOL!
It melted quickly turning the custard from anorak yellow to luscious mink brown. Oh goody I thought this is fun...
By now the fruit was sulking so I gently enlivened them with a deep hot coating of Cadcus. And with a few raisins and bits o' nut floating around I left the kitchen feeling very pleased.
I often feel joyous when faffing about with bananas, (see above pic) Made yonks ago. Banana with fruit cocktail, cream and strawberry syrup. Took me back to younger days when all I ever wanted at Wimpy was this thrilling American style treat.
All this hoo ha over bananas has been brought about by Masterchef judge, Gregg Wallace... He a pudding lover like me! And.............
Am enjoying the new series but last night's programme left me glum. I so wanted Matthew to go through, but after totally messing up his Black Forest pud he was thrown out. I liked him and would have been happy seeing what he could have done in further rounds, and not because he was handsome or anything like that but because he cried.

No comments:
Post a Comment