Monday, 30 January 2012

....An early start for us.
Mother being a pain in the neck by saying she didn't want to go to docs.
I being a totally cheesed off daughter was having none of it.
"Get a flannel, comb your hair and then I'll help pull on your tights. We're GOING"

Doc was excellent. His Spanish tongue sometimes a wee bit difficult to understand, but with hand gesticulations, a laugh and a wink, we managed .
He wanted blood he said. Now. So off we went around the corner where Big Nurse looked for a plump vein:)
Mother's face churned, me, I didn't turn a hair:)

As I dropped mum into the car and a nasty wind licked my cheeks I wondered if there'd be anything in the charity shop...
There was.
A pink nightie, blue gloves and faux sheepskin jacket for mum. Oooooh said Marlene on the till looks lovely darling.
Mum giggled handing over £2:50. Winter jackets marked up at £6 actually but Marlene is a good old sort who probably thought mum needs a nice jacket seeing as she's thin with a zimmer.
Bless her.
For myself...A Burleigh make Willow Pattern teacup and saucer. A big cream blanket embellished with florals. And a dark red Bag! Loads of room for my whatnots and bobs. Oh and a Brighton Rock Pink checked overall. 10p in the dressing up box!!!I love it! Teeth white, hair fluffy and my hands holy white with self-raising flour. IT IS SO ME.
While I was perusing the bric-a-brac shelves I heard a commotion.
Looking over towards the window I saw a big built white headed man fiddling around under Mother's zimmer looking, he said, for loose change.
Mother apparently getting in a flap with her handbag and all her coins spilling out.
Yeah ok. I believe ya.
"Ooooh" said Ma as he dropped a fifty pence piece into her lap. "Thank you and mind your head on the radiator"
We all laughed including the new man-helper in the shop, red Mohican hair cut and enormous black and silver boots. Think Terminator.
Born again Christian so no worries.:(

Anyway I digress. Back to mum's new friend....It's at times like these that I KNOW she's going to be alright.
A smile being the surest sign you're relaxed and ready to party.
Takes effort you know.

Popped to get priscription and again the girlie mistook me for Mother, 74.
I smiled oldly snatching the drug bag.... man.

I'll be nuking some soop in a mo, will probably have a heavily buttered bap with it. Then it's movie time then it's mother related work then it's ...what else IS there?

2 comments:

Terry said...

That must be 2 handbags in 3 days!. You must live in a mansion to have space for your collection.

Gloria Horsehound said...

I have very capacious cupboards dear.