Thursday, 26 January 2012

Well round the garden I went stopping dead to watch the fattest robin I've ever seen, peck at the feeder. His body was almost circular, no ins and outs, just globe like. Really fat and beautiful. Anyway as I stood by the water butt eyeing up the bird my mind split... eventually ending up in a darker place. Bugger. Why is it, that when caught up in a blissful moment, my sleeping demons decide to wake.
Gotcha they said. True, they had me, but not before I'd drunk in the sensation of feeling damp earth under foot and eyeing a lovely creature enjoying himself.

You can tell it's a bad day in the bungalow, but even as I type, seconds become minutes and this wicked daymare will end.

Pencilled in my kitchen diary is cauliflower cheese with additions, bacon probably. Might crisp up some extra for Rotund Rob:)

No comments: