Saturday, 28 January 2012

Steak and Kidney Pud

Chocolate castles with chocolate and cinnamon sauce

The Best Syrup Pudding

Meatballs with tomato sauce and spaghetti

Soup

Eclairs with whipped cream and dark chocolate icing

Minced Beef Poy

A bursting Steak Pud.

Being around food makes me feel all warm and satisfied so today I'm making:

Leek soup
Irish Soda Rolls

Chicken tikka masala with potatoes and tomatoes.
garlic and coriander naan
rice

If I have the time I'll rustle up tomorrow's pudding which will probably be apple and blackberry crumble. I have some Greek yoghurt which would make a good accompaniment but knowing my lack of imagination a jug of custard will be the crumbles mate.
Greek yoghurt is a fav of mine and is an ingredient of my Apple Flan which will be knocked together in the week.
So first on the list is leek soup, due to having mother in the bungalow a lot of soup is being consumed, usually tinned which, for the price, isn't worth it. Only one worth nuking is Heinz Carrot and Coriander.
Canned soup doesn't do it any more.
Especially when you've tasted home made.

Talking of home made comfort... last night's Cauliflower cheese was so gorgeous Mr H. had 'thirds'. Made a smashingly simple cheese sauce using mature English Cheddar, English mustard and good grating of nutmeg. Absolutely creamy.
Poured it over steamed colli then topped it with blitzed oaty bread.
Served with fried back bacon and baked tomatoes.
Blissful.
No pud though on account of the lateness of the hour.
Blasted trains.

Now I must fly.......................:)

No comments: