Tuesday, 24 January 2012

...Oven Heaven

Stacked in the oven tonight is...

Chunked par boiled parsnips scattered with brown sugar,black pepper and a hush of salt are being glazed by two thumb nail sized bits of butter.
In a white rectangular dish is potato boulangere. Thickly sliced unpeeled tatties lay entwined with slivers of onion braise in milk and stock. Seasoning as above. Love this homely dish goes with anything and is good natured on account of still tasting good if neglected or forgotten about.
Pork chops. White fat surrounding pretty pink flesh. Will cook till well done, like my chops tawny.
Decided against the bread and butter pudding opting instead for the remainder of canned apricots with the last smidgens of double cream.
Apple slices are waiting in a saucepan ready to be fluffed. I love splattering apple sauce on chops. A thin gravy will pool around. Making, dare I say it, a Tuesday night dinner fit for some King or other. If royalty did ever drop by I'd be mortified. Not on account of my food but by my disregard for formality. I sometimes eat pork with a spoon.

I'd better shove off now, have the table to lay and Mother to soothe, the poor old bean had a bit of a turn an hour ago and is, as I write, prostrate with sadness over vomiting up her lunchtime oxtail soup and raspberry jelly.

Bugger.


About half seven....... BBC2......... semi final footie. Hoping for a London win with Crystal Palace.
Gertcha!

Masterchef at 9:)

No comments: