Crumbs is that the time?!!!
Minutes turn into hours when I'm gardening.
Only went out to plant a few more pansies and now I'm all behind.
Having planted the last of the aforementioned Pansies I dug a hole and finally put to earth the Magnolia tree. Out front by the way. Near the place where I knocked down the garden post. I didn't know whether to stake it or not but seeing as it looks a wee bit delicate I poked a cane in and tied the young tree to it.
At the base I planted an Anemone. Looks so lost. But I thought the tree might like a little company. Little and large or WHAT!
Also being bedded down a few more perennials in shades of red yellow and orange. As I dug I noticed loads of seedlings popping up, so I watched very carefully where my fork/spade went. The tiny fragile green shoots are the shoots of some wildflowers I scattered a little while ago. What amazed me was that I noticed them amongst the forest of weeds out there which of course I pulled up. Loads more a veritable carpet there is, but overall my stint today has made an improvement. By Endurance We Conquer. (Sir Ernest Shackleton)
I'm parched now so before I set about making dinner I'll have a lonesome cuppa, Mother being in the land of Nod.
By the way whilst I pottered a robin landed on the bird table and looked at me. He was so cute I wanted to pocket him:)
Cheerio
Wednesday, 4 April 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Alan Titmarsh watch out!
Terry you should attempt some back breaking horticultural work instead of taking the mickey out of me.
P.S. Titchmarsh is the ghastliest man I've ever seen.
Beast.
Post a Comment