Sunday, 15 April 2012

WHILST BREAD BAKES...

I'm putting together a superbly yumyum gammon hot pot.
And making another batch of Superior Rock Cakes.
First dozen now down to 9...
Added to the mix were a few chopped dried apricots, possibly the most moreish of all the dried fruits.
Also being cooked before the *Football kicks orf..... a Lemon Puddle Pudding.

Today hasn't been all about cooking though I did have a bash at some outdoors fun.
Namely watching Mr H. digging a deep trench into a patch of iron hard earth in order that he could then install a rumbly crumbly chipboard bird table. In other words the aforementioned table is falling to bits and the ground uneven. (I love playing with words)

In the dvd player as I culinarize is In The Line Of Fire. Can't cook without guns. LOL!

*Then later on, after the gammon and lemon pudding, I'll get stuck into Spurs v. Chelsea in the Semi-Final of the FA Cup. By stuck in I mean sharing every wonderfully thrilling moment with tv pundits and Mother. Mr H being otherwise engaged.
Talking of unfit blokes...

John Terry has rib probs and Ash Cole (beast) has done his ankle in but both are deemed 'fit' to play. And, just like Ledley King, (pic unavailable due to gremlins inhabiting my pic collection) I too have knee issues, so very much doubt I'll be bouncing up and down on the sofa this afternoon. More like laughing with Joy I hope when 'Arry's Spurs mash di Matteo's Chelsea. Innit.
You can rest assured though that later on I will definitely be exerting myself. Probably.
Mother+Awkward+55+75+immeasurable frustration=Physical Exhaustion and all of the Uncarnal Kind.
Bugger.

I feel a poem of epic proportions being born.
One where the heroine, that would be me, is driven so round the bend she escapes into a Port fuelled world where only beautiful fit folk live. And where ravishing silence is punctured only by the roars of lovers in love.

But before that I must do the gammon.

4 comments:

Guernsey Girl said...

Here's to Gammon and Love (though not necessarily in that order) I'm sure some royal highness was once heard to say 'Let them eat Gammon' but she'd probably just run out of self-raising flour. And,anyway we all know we can't have our cake and eat it... Weight Watchers would be up in arms.
Happy baking GH...(is that short for Good Housekeeping???

Terry said...

Port fuelled world- knew you could not keep of it!!

Gloria Horsehound said...

Talking of having our cake and eating it..I had a gorgeous meal out today and on the menu were no fewer than twelve or so desserts. I was one happy bunbun.
I plumped for steamed syrup pudding and custard after havinf my fill of Asparagus and Brie Flan.
If heaven were a dish it would look and taste like what I ate today.

Good Housekeeping? yes I suppose it could be seeing as I'm a wealth of domestic ideas!

Good to see you up and running GG.

Gloria Horsehound said...

Terry I have now officially given up trying to convince you that I am a tea-totaller who only ever imbibes when forced to imbibe.
And good to see you too up and about a real miracle for a man so advanced in years. Bless your heart darling.