Molly
The lovely Tinkerbell getting all my attention
As Mr H and me sipped our morning beverages I suddenly had an urge. And being a sensible kind of girl I gave in to it. Never wise to withhold.So off we went to buy some more plants.
Our first port of call being the Riverside nursery which is on the way to Hockley. Once inside I felt stirrings of a magical nurturing nature so Mr H went for a trolley.
And before long it was loaded with many plants but I didn't forget the child in me so a large yellow dragonfly-on-a-stick thing will be stuck into soil, probably by the ceramic cat.
I liked the Riverside nursery not just because of the huge amount of choice but because they are wise and canny enough to have on offer free tea coffee and hot chocolate for patrons. Very clever. I of course satisfied myself with a mug of hot choc. Yum.
So we left and headed home but as Mr H. drove carefully around curves and bends he suggested we pop into a pub.
"Oh alright" I said
"But only for a half of shandy and crisps".
So within about ten fifteen minutes we were sitting on a bench outside our favourite hostelry (we don't drink there THAT much only ever frequenting the joint to eat gorgeous food and to admire their beams and brasses).
Sitting outside on such a pleasant day suited us, we had a bench overlooking a field and as I drank shandy I felt very happy.
And so we passed the time by drinking and sharing cheese and onion crisps and discussing nature and how new love cannot be assuaged.
Time to leave. So we left.
And seeing as The Punchbowl is near Four Acres we popped in on the way home...
See above pics:)
Being cooked today (rather late too)
Leg of pork
apple sauce
yorkies
tatties
glazed carrots and parsnips
No idea about pud.
So far it's been a corker of a day. Acting on impulse and heaps of foliage.
Cheerio


2 comments:
So you are now a regular at Punchbowl since you visit it so often!
No Terry I am NOT a regular I just happen to pass it when getting lost!
Post a Comment