Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Lamb Pie looks deelish, tore recipe out of old mag and will probably make it at the weekend. It includes cinnamon, chilli and either dates or apricots...Apricots for me I think.
Stock or water to moisten and then covered with Filo pastry. I like filo a lot because it not only looks crunchy it IS crunchy, far less angst aswell than say...puff. Which, has been known to make a saint swear.
But that's later in the week today's culinary art is coming in the shape of Leek soup for mother and I then, for Mr H and I the chicken and mushroom pie I didn't make yesterday. We opted instead for a home delivery of Yung Chow.

Bread of course will be baked again, yesterday's was gorjus, well risen, evenly brown and dead easy to bang out of tin. I have to say that the more I bake bread the easier it becomes. So much so that I can't remember the last Warburtons I bought.

Other News....

Of gardening....I read a very moving magazine interview with the BBC's gardener (you know what I mean) Monty Don. In it he gently sang about life, health and how gardening and rising early saved his life, Monty you see has felt depressed. It was an uplifting humbling interview from a man who doesn't save for tomorrow.

Talking of not saving I think I'll pop out later to buy two more Photinia Red Robins for out back. Much better than pills:)

Now I go out......

No comments: