Driving back from the station after dropping orf Mr Horsehound the familiar sound of Mother's wheelchair bumping in the back woke me up.
It's going to be a good day I thought as I steered Alex the Micra along almost deserted roads.
Mum and me will amble out sometime after breakfast, probably wearing sunglasses, definitely on our way to Spa Road, Hockley.
Another Monday. More politeness with strangers. More weaving around the tanned able bodied. More bric-a-brac I expect.
Late last night I rearranged the conservatory furniture, yesterday afternoon I had tea and biscuits with Hairy Suits ma and pa. And whilst being shown around their garden of delights a beautiful piece of gammon was braising in my oven.
I've missed writing poetry.
Now I must dawdle.
Monday, 29 July 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hello GH - just to let you know I could almost smell the gammon braising in the oven while I was reading your blog. As for poetry- some might say everything you write is poetry but I couldn't possibly comment... :)
Thanks GG, my posts lean towards the poetical when I'm tired or loved up...
I think Gloria, that one of the most delightful delights in Ma & Pa's garden on Sunday was your good and radient self, all else basked in your reflected beauty. Ma & Pa were certainly very pleased that you had graced their day with the chance to meet you and look forward very much to seeing you again. :-)
Thanks HS it was a day I won't forget. I certainly behaved myself. For once.
Post a Comment