Friday, 5 July 2013

Today at The Bungalow

Threw mum into the micra and skidded orf to the Church charity shop wherein I found, for mother, three large print crime novels and one dotty cotton blouse. She would have looked around herself but she had wobbly legs and searing back pain.
I had a quick chat with Moira on the till about the heat then bundled mother back into the micra and sped around the corner to the blasted Co-Op. Inside was cool, and I had a senior moment where  couldn't remember what I'd gone in there for.
Standing by the carrots I shot up a request "Lord what am I here for?"
No immediate response of course but I soon found myself dropping salad, ricotta and spinach pasta and doughnuts into my black basket.
Lovely Irene took a disgusting amount of cash and I hot footed it back to the car to find mum wilting like a plant starved of water.
"Here, hold this" I said lovingly wondering how much more resolve and resilience is left in that dipping body.

We raced home and straight into the conservatory where we chatted away like two old birds sipping hot tea and eating non diabetic coconut sponge.
We yakked about... Bernie Nolan, Pippa Middleton and Andy Murray and his Pole.
Both of us feeling sorry for Bernie's daughter Erin, both of us laughing wickedly about reports that Ms Middleton will soon leave England to celebritize herself in the States. Lol! Yes Pip you may have a loose connection with the Royal Family but you ain't no Diana. She was charmingly barking, you m'dear are a non-entity, who by the way reminds me so much of the Wallis Simpson, the Duchess of Windsor. Face wise.
And then there was Andy's semi final match against Jerzy Polishman, standing at 6ft 8ins and with a 1000 mph serve Jerzy is bound to put our wee lad orf his stride.. a tad. I can't wait! I predict a Murray win.
Before that bloodbath Novak takes on Juan in the other match. Hoping of course for a Djokovic win...

So it's win win all round'

I'll quickly make a sausage risotto in between games.
After all one had one's priorities.


 


1 comment:

NOF said...

Like your posting today. Thanks.